Try your hand at this orange blush lychee summer cocktail
On a hot day, this will be your new go-to. Aussie lychees are back in season and are as delicious as ever, so this summer is the perfect time to to enjoy an orange blush lychee cocktail. Here's how to make it.
Preparation: 8 minutes
Cooking: 0 minutes
- 15ml lychee liqueur
- 30ml gin
- 15ml lemon
- 30ml orange
- 3 shakes of bitters
- 2 fresh lychees (peeled, halved & seeded)
- 1 egg white
- Place all the ingredients except the ice into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about 90 seconds.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for another 90 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a coupe cocktail glass, shaking out the last bit of foam, and garnish with a fresh lychee.
- Serve immediately.
- Multiply the ingredients if you're making this cocktail to share.
- When shaking with egg white, the more you shake, the more of a creamy foam you will create. Shaking creates air within the proteins, giving it a smooth, professional finish.
- For a vegan or egg allergy version, use approximately 35ml of chickpea juice instead of the egg white to create an equally foamy vegan version! (*Quantity for one drink.)