Superfoods: salmon tacos
Did you know salmon is a great superfood thanks to its dense nutrient profile? Not only is salmon one of the richest natural sources of omega 3 fats which are intricately involved in brain functioning, but it also hosts a range of B group vitamins which are individually associated with a range of key physiological functions, helping you be super productive, give you super vision and super memory.
This is only one of the many reasons that salmon tacos should be on your dinner list tonight or your lunch menu this weekend.
Gluten-free | dairy-free | nut-free | egg-free | wheat-free
- 4 Tassal Fresh Tassie salmon fillets, skin-off
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- ½ tsp ground chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar chunky tomato salsa
- 1 large avocado, deseeded, peeled and diced, to serve
- Place garlic, cumin, coriander, chilli powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl and combine.
- Place each salmon portion into the spice mix, coating all four sides, and let sit for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry-pan and cook the salmon fillets for approximately 10 mins, turning once. Once cooked, gently flake salmon into a bowl.
- Place a spoonful of chucky salsa, avocado onto warmed tortillas, add salmon and enjoy!