Burwood Youth Change Maker Awards
- 11th Feb - 1st Mar
The 2019 Burwood Youth Change Maker Awards are here and applications are now open
We are partnering with Burwood Council to bring you the Youth Change Maker Awards.
These awards will recognise and showcase the significant achievements of local young people.
Awards will be featured as part of Burwood Council's 'Young Voices out of the Shadows' public exhibition in centre during Youth Week, April 2019.
The award categories are:
- Community Volunteering:A young person who has displayed dedication to volunteering, resulting in benefits to the community.
- Cultural Harmony: A young person who has promoted social cohesion, understanding and acceptance, intercultural dialogue or co-operation in Burwood’s diverse community.
- Environmental Advocate: A young environmentalist who has championed sustainability and actively works to build a more sustainable future for the local community.
- Health Advocate: A young person who has contributed to the physical or mental health and wellbeing of others in the local community.
- Young Visionary: A young person who has developed an innovative local initiative to deliver positive outcomes and benefits for the community. This award is an open category and is not restricted to specific themes or industries.
*Recipients in each category will receive a congratulatory plaque and an award of $300
Who can enter?
The awards are open to young people aged between 12 – 24 years (as at 1 January 2019) who live, work, study or have a significant demonstrated connection to the Burwood Local Government Area.
Applicants can self-nominate or be nominated by someone else, as well as both individual and group nominations will be accepted.
How to enter
Click the link here to submit your online application
*Entries close 11:59pm AEDST, Friday 1 March 2019. Award recipients will be notified by Burwood Council by Monday 11 March. 2019.