Australian Pineapple and Bacon Bites
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 small pineapple, peeled
- 24 slices rasher bacon or prosciutto
- Tomato sauce or smoky barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced).
- Cut pineapple in quarters lengthways, then again in half lengthways.
- Chop each into 3 pieces. Wrap each with bacon or prosciutto and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake bacon-wrapped bites for 15 minutes, prosciutto-wrapped bites for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a side of tomato or smoky barbecue sauce.