Classic spaghetti bolognese
Ti amo Bolognese! This version of the delicious Italian favourite will have you bookmarking the page for years to come.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tinned peeled tomatoes
- 250g Spaghetti
- Grated tasty cheese to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add mince and cook, stirring to break lumps, for 10 minutes until browned. Stir in paste and peeled tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti following packet instructions until al dente. Serve spaghetti with bolognaise and top with grated cheese and parsley.
Tip: Kids may prefer shell pasta, as it is easier to eat with a spoon. For fun, add food colour to the pasta water. Drain. Add a small knob of butter and vegemite. Serve with grated cheese.
al dente pasta means that pasta is cooked to be firm to the bite.