Become an LGBTIQ ally at our FREE Minus18 workshops
Today, 10.30am - 12.00pm.
Level 6 The Westfield Suite, near Fitness First. View Map
In celebration of Mardi Gras 2020, we have partnered with Minus18 to offer free educational workshops to our community that promote and encourages inclusivity and diversity.
Be introduced to LGBTIQ identity, the barriers faced in everyday life, and become empowered to be an LGBTIQ ally!
The workshops will be run by Minus18, a fantastic organisation, who are champions for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) Youth Australia Wide.
Plus all attendees will receive a LUSH goodie bag!
- Key concepts surrounding sex, gender and sexuality and the definitions and labels around diverse sexes, genders and sexualities.
- The barriers that LGBTIQ people face in their personal lives, at work and through accessing services.
- How to personally and practically support LGBTIQ people and feel empowered to champion change.
- LGBTIQ lived-experiences via our expert workshop presenters as they talk about their personal journeys being young & queer.
- Participants will receive a certificate that includes useful information on being an ally upon completion of the training.