Wholesome Patisserie's Mini Egg & Cauliflower Cups
- 2 heaped cups cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup smoked ham, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh grated tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºC). Lightly grease with butter a mini 12-hole silicone muffin pan. Place on a large flat baking tray and set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets into a high-speed food processor and pulse until diced, resembling cauliflower rice.
- Line a bowl with paper towel and transfer chopped cauliflower into bowl and squeeze out any excess water using the paper towel. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and lightly whisk. Add cauliflower and whisk until well combined.
- Add chopped spinach, diced ham and grated cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into greased mini muffin pan. Filling each just below the top as they do rise.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are set and lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove each from pan and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Repeat above method with any remaining mixture.
Serve warm or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for later use. Perfect for a lunchbox snack!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 20-24 mini cups