Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
1kg prawns, peeled (tails left intact), deveined
1 1/2 cups coriander leaves
1/4 cup peanut oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 stem lemongrass, bruised, thinly sliced
2 small red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
2 limes, juiced
2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded
2 avocados, peeled, diced
Seamed jasmine rice and limes, to serve
1. Finely chop 1/2 cup coriander leaves. Combine coriander, oil, garlic, lemongrass, chillies and 1/4 cup lime juice in a ceramic dish. Add prawns and stir to coat.
2. Cover and refrigerate, stirring once, for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours if time permits).
3. Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, peel long thin strips from cucumbers.
4. Combine cucumber, avocado, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
5. Pre heat a greased barbeque plate on medium-high heat.
6. Remove prawns from marinade & barbeque for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until pink and just cooked through - transfer to plate.