- 6 x 150g lamb cutlets
- 45mL (3 TBS) Luke Mangan olive oil
- 30mL (2 TBS) Luke Mangan olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 large eggplant, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 115mL (1/2 cup) tomato juice
- 15g (1 TBS) chopped fresh basil
- 15g (1 TBS) chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- good pinch of sugar
- few drops of Tabasco
- few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 balls (approx 200g) mozzarella
1. Season lamb and drizzle over some olive oil.
2. Heat barbeque grill or frying pan to a high heat and cook lamb cutlets for 3 minutes each side. The meat should not be overcooked, but pink in the middle. Leave to rest.
3. To make baked ratatouille, preheat oven to 170° C (345° F).
4. Heat olive oil in a large wok. (Luke uses a wok to give plenty of room to toss and stir while frying the vegetables).
5. Fry garlic and onion until just brown. Remove from wok and set aside.
6. Fry the eggplant, zucchini and red capsicum and set aside. Add tomatoes, tomato juice, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar and sauces. Heat through, then return all the vegetables to the wok and combine well.
7. Spoon the vegetable mix and juices into the ovenproof dish. Slice mozzarella and arrange on top. Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Serve with cutlets.
Recipe from Shine Magazine Autumn/Winter 2011.