1. Warranty Periods
• Sunglasses –1 year from the date of purchase
2. Warranty for Sunglasses
Our sunglasses are guaranteed for period listed in paragraph 1 from the date of purchase. Any Products that is defective in materials or workmanship will cover under warranty, as follows:
• If it is not clear whether the fault is due to a defect or misuse the sunglasses may need to returned to the manufacturer for assessment to determine your entitlement.
• Our suppler will replace or repair, at their option, your sunglass if a manufacturing defect is identified by our supplier.
• This warranty does not cover any faults resulting from a failure to follow the recommended glazing, product care or maintenance instructions provided with the Products;
• This warranty does not cover lenses and any faults resulting from misuse alteration, non-authorised manipulation or repair, the consequences of normal wear and tear. It is recommended that frames and sunglasses are stored in the case provided.
3. Your Consumer Rights
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repair or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure.
4. How to Claim under Warranty
• To make a claim, you must supply us proof of purchase (receipt).
• Contact our customer service team to discuss your warranty/repair on 02 9697 8002 and obtain an RA number.
• Write RA number on your delivery invoice and place inside return package. We recommend that you send your frames/sunglasses, carefully packaged in order to avoid damage, via record tracking delivery to SX.
• You will be responsible to cover any expenses associated with making a claim under warranty, including delivery expenses.
If goods are faulty, wrongly described or different from a sample shown, you may choose between an exchange, refund or a credit note. Please see instructions below for defective items.
Defective items must be returned to SX Sunglasses within (14) fourteen days of the purchase date to be eligible for replacement. Depending on the fault, certain products may need to be returned to the manufacturer for inspection. Items will be replaced with the same item originally purchased. For items that cannot be replaced, a full refund/credit note will be offered.
Returning a standard product.
1. Contact our customer service team to discuss your return on 02 9697 8002 and obtain an RA number for your return.
2. Write RA number on your delivery invoice and place inside return package.
3. As soon as the return has been received, a replacement product /refund will be processed; or
4. If you return product back to a SX Sunglasses retail outlet, you need to provide RA number to our store Team Member so that they can process refund/exchange for you.
• The return must be received by SX Sunglasses within (14) fourteen days from purchase date.
• Replacement product will only be shipped after the faulty item has been received by SX Sunglasses.
• All returns must have an RA number and will not be proceeded without one.
• Any item that is returned to SX Sunglasses without an RA number will be returned to sender.
• If you feel that your return falls outside of our policy, then you will need to contact the SX Sunglasses customer service team on 02 9697 8002 to confirm if your return can be accepted.
The products on the website are only available for sale to individuals who can make legally binding contracts. The products are not available to persons under the age of 18 years and any other persons who are legally prohibited from entering into binding contracts.
Any order placed by you in the manner described in this website is an offer to purchase a particular product for the price (including the delivery and other charges and taxes) specified in this website at the time you place your order on these Terms and Conditions. SX reserves the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including, without limitation, the unavailability of any product, an error in the price or the product description posted on this website, or an error in your order. Your contract with SX only comes into existence when it forwards confirmation of receipt of your order and payment.
All prices are shown in Australian dollars [AUD$].
Prices of products and services and delivery and other charges displayed on this website are current at the time of issue and are online offer only, but may change at any time and are subject to availability.
Goods and Services (GST) and other taxes
Prices displayed on this website are inclusive of GST applied at the rate of 10%
You are responsible for any taxes, duties or other liabilities imposed by any government agency, including without limitation, any customs duty, goods and services taxes or any value added tax imposed on any product or services acquired or ordered by you from this website
DELIVERY & SHIPPING
Please read the delivery information contained in the website. The delivery times are indicative only and SX will not be liable for any failure to observe these delivery times.
SX Does not ship overseas.
RISK AND TITLE
SX will retain title to the products you order until you have made payment in full for those products, but all risk in the products will pass to you upon their delivery to or collect by postal or courier service. You should consider whether to obtain any suitable insurance.
The information that you supply SX online is strictly confidential.
We do not reveal, disclose, pass on, sell or distribute to any third parties personal information unless consented by you. SX is committed to supporting the 'National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information' which has set clear standards and guidelines for the collection, access, storage and use of Personal Information.
As defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), 'Personal Information' is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about you or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained.
In order for SX to provide you with services, we may ask for personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Some examples of where we may need these details include, but are not limited to: VIP membership, confirmation of orders over $500, exchanges and, remote area purchase through telephone, or in-store competitions.
Australian Privacy laws require SX to collect your Personal Information directly from you if it is reasonable and practical to do so.
SX take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect through our website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SX will in no way be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, resulting from use or inability to use the website or for the cost of procurement of substitute products or resulting from any products purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through the website or resulting from unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data or of any information contained on this website, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, use, data or other intangible, even if SX has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Where any Act of Parliament implies in the Terms and Conditions any term, condition or warranty, and that Act avoids or prohibits provisions in a contract excluding or modifying the application of or exercise of, or liability under such term, condition or warranty, such term, condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included in the Terms and Conditions, however, the liability of SX for any breach of such term, condition or warranty shall be limited, at the option of SX to any one or more of the following:
1. If the breach relates to goods:
1. the replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods;
2. the repair of such goods;
3. the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
4. the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
2. if the breach to relates to services:
1. the supplying of the services again; or
2. The payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
While the information contained in the website is believed to be accurate and current, it is provided by SX in good faith on an "as is" basis. SX its' directors, officers or employees make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on the website and none of them accept any responsibility arising in any way (including negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the information contained in the website.
To the extent (if any) that the content of the website does not satisfy the laws of a country other than Australia, it is not directed to persons in those countries and they should not use the website.
The website contains links to websites not maintained, controlled or associated with SX and it does not make any endorsement, or any representation as to the accuracy, of information contained on those websites. SX will not accept any responsibility for the accuracy, ownership or any other aspect of the information contained on those Web Sites.
SX is the copyright owner of the content of the website or is licensed by the copyright owner to use the content on the website. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) no part of the website may be reproduced, adapted, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process (graphic, electronic or mechanical, including further copying, recording, taping or by a storage and information retrieval system) without the specific prior written consent of SX.
SX does not represent that any information (including any file) obtained from or through the website is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to scan any such information for computer viruses. SX will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic), however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from any such information. To the extent that any liability may be imposed on SX it shall be limited to the cost of re-supplying that information.
NB: We are closed for Order processing from Dec 24th and will process orders again on the 2nd Jan, 2013.
SX Shipping Methods &Costs
Shipping is FREE for all standard product orders placed on-line for delivery within Australia.
The delivery time is 3 days after dispatch for standard items.
If you require your purchase urgently, ie next day delivery a flat rate of $10.00 will apply. (Overnight service is only available into metro areas of all capital cities.) Please note, your order must be received by 12 noon to be dispatched overnight for a next day delivery.
Reasons For Order Delays
* Incorrect address
* Occasionally if a particular product is in high demand we will need to re-
order from our suppliers. If your order is delayed for any reason our staff
will contact you directly via phone or email to advise of the delay.