Its all about the lashes!
The 1960's marked a transition from the ladylike 50's to a more free-spirited daring glamour of the 70's. Mod subculture was born (think Twiggy!) as was the 1960's sex kitten represented perfectly by Brigitte Bardot. The 60's trends prominently focused on dramatic eyes and a pale lip, we will look at how to recreate the look.
How to : Dramatic 60's eyes
1. Prep your face applying foundation and concealer as a base, this look is all about the eyes so keep the foundation coverage light and even.
2. Prep your eyes by applying a matte white eye shadow across your eyelids
3. Apply a white eyeliner to your bottom waterline area of your eyes, this helps the eye to look wider and overall bigger!
4. Get a black liquid eyeliner. Steady your hands (some people pull the eyelid in the corner with spare hand to help a steady and assist with a straight application. Draw a thin line along the eyelashes going
from corner to corner of your eye
5. Using the liquid eyeliner draw in the oval (half-moon shape) in the crease of your eye lids (you can use dark eye shadow for more subtle shape, simply blend black into the crease creating illusion of depth)
6. Now using a black eyeliner pencil on your bottom lid just along your rim of your eyelashes (not over the top of your waterline)
7. Now add the lashes!!! Which can be done 1 or 2 ways? For the bottom lids either draw on with your liquid liner or alternatively pick up some MAC bottom lashes and apply as per instructions
8. For the top lashes get some MAC or Napoleon eyelashes (preferably thick styled) and apply to top lids, use your black eye pencil to blend your liner and the lashes.
9. Finishing touch to eyes: MASCARA! apply to both top and bottom lashes creating a thick black eye
10. To complete your look add some MAC nude lipstick and a gloss
If the dramatic eye is a bit too much for your Sixties outfit of choice there is always the bedhair look, click here to get the hair look!