Print Clash Editors TIP " Keep it simple"
Keep your hair and make-up toned down with this look although the brave could add a neon lip to this look with great effect. Neon lips should be your statement on your beauty if you are doing a brave so keep the rest of your make-up simple and neautral. Print Clash doesnt need a neon as its already a strong fashion statment, the runwaylook has matched print clash with simple makeup and let the fashion print do the talking.Here are out tips for acheive the 'minimal' makeup to match Print Clash:
1 Using a foundation brush, apply a mineral foundation - it gives a velvety finish to the skin which is neither too matte nor too shiny. Minerals are also good for sensitive skin, or skin that has some blemishes or pigmentation.
2 Create an elegant look without a lot of eye make-up by shaping brows into a square shape. Using a brow powder to match your colouring, and with a small, angled eyebrow brush, fill in the gaps, not the whole brow.
3 Use a matte mushroom shade of eye shadow on the whole lid, taking the colour to just above the brow bone.
4 Highlight the inner corners of the eyes with a sparkly shimmer shadow (or even a pencil) in a cream shade. Finish the eyes with two coats of mascara on top and bottom lashes.
5 Lightly apply a rose powder blush using a kabuki brush - the extra soft bristles and pointed shape will give an airbrushed finish. For extra glow, choose a blush that has a hint of shimmer.
6 Finish this look with a creamy rose or nude coloured lipstick.
And for those not willing to play it safe maybe try a touch of neon...
The brave might may be able to try a little bit of neon...
Print Clash is already a bold and confident trend so adding an element of Neon is not for everyone but done well it can compliment the fashion statement. The Print Clash trend is defined by clashing, no rules and bold colours, if you are going to add neon lips into this mix make sure the rest of your beauty is minimal and simple (see above). We take a look at the best way to achieve a neon lip this Autumn Winter.
To help with even colour and staying power of the colour it's important to take some key steps in preparation.
1. Use a lip scrub to clear off any dead or dry skin on the lip if you don't have any at home simply use a small mix of some olive oil (or baby oil) with sugar and rub over your lip.
2. Apply a lip conditioner or good lip moisturizer, especially over the Winter months when lips dry with wind and colder weather.
1. Outline your lips with a concealer blending well around lip area so there are no lines or patches, this will help define lip shape and provide a good base for even colour.
2. Pick your NEON. Like with the Print Clash trend there are no real rules to mixing Neon and prints, maybe try lip some colours to find best match for your facial tones and outfit choice.
3. Carefully apply to lip using a lip brush making sure you cover sides of lips. Lips can be left Matte (which may work best with this trend) or dab with gloss to finish if required.
More Fashion Editors tip for this trend